-Tournament marks 14 years as one of the largest handicapped amateur events in the nation-
Mesquite Gaming, owner of Casablanca Resort- Casino-Golf-Spa and Virgin River Hotel/Casino/Bingo, presents Mesquite Amateur, a five-day, 54-hole, net, stoke play golf tournament Monday, May 30 – Friday, June 3. Marking its 14th year, the tournament boasts seven courses with challenging styles of desert, arroyo, vista and canyon play. New this year, Mesquite Amateur has partnered with the Southern Nevada Golf Association to handle handicaps and scoring.
The captivating course lineup includes the CasaBlanca Golf Club, which features an 18- hole, 7,011-yard championship course, designed by Cal Olson, Falcon Ridge Golf Club, which boasts a 6550-yard par 71 desert layout with several elevated tee shots from high plateaus, the Palms Golf Club, the Canyons at Oasis Golf Club, an 18-hole, par 71 course, Coyote Springs, a Jack Nicklaus Signature course with a challenging par 72, 7,471-yard layout, the Arnold Palmer designed Oasis Golf Club and The Gary Panks- designed Conestoga course.
With more than 490 individuals registered, there are 37 states represented, including Texas, Washington and Colorado, along with international participation coming in from Canada, England and Thailand. This year’s sponsors include TaylorMade, The Mesquite Resort Association, Callaway Golf, Southern Wine & Spirits and the City of Mesquite.
“The Mesquite Amateur golf tournament is an event we look forward to each year,” said Christian Adderson, corporate sales manager for Mesquite Gaming. “The event brings golfers from throughout the world to hit the links on the pristine, award-winning courses we have to offer here at the Nevada-Utah border. We’re looking forward to some great golf with a great group of people, all celebrating 14 years of the Mesquite Amateur.”
Jim Wilson of Montgomery, TX was the 2015 Mesquite Amateur winner.
Mesquite Amateur Schedule of Events:
Monday, May 30
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Tournament registration begins in the Showroom at the CasaBlanca Resort.
- 6 – 8 p.m.: Mesquite Amateur reception dinner in the CasaBlanca Events Center, featuring a catered menu developed by area chefs.
Tuesday, May 31
- 7:30 a.m.: Round one play begins with a shotgun start at all five courses in Mesquite and Coyote Springs.
- 6 – 8 p.m: Mesquite Amateur Dinner in the CasaBlanca Events Center.
Wednesday, June 1
- 7:30 a.m.: Round two play begins with a shotgun start at all five courses in Mesquite and Coyote Springs.
- 2:45 p.m.: The Mesquite Amateur will host a Texas Hold ‘Em Championship. Cost is $65 per person at the Eureka Hotel and Casino.
- 6 – 8 p.m.: Mesquite Amateur Dinner in the CasaBlanca Events Center.
- 8 p.m.: Cigars Under the Stars at the CasaBlanca pool. Entering into its seventh year, Cigars Under the Stars is one of the week’s most popular events.
Thursday, June 2
- 7:30 a.m.: Round three play begins with a shotgun start at all five courses in Mesquite and Coyote Springs.
- Noon: Mesquite Amateur Wine Luncheon, presented by Southern Wine & Spirits
- 6 – 8 p.m.: Mesquite Amateur Championship Dinner in the CasaBlanca Events Center. Final tournament scores are posted and trophies are presented.
Friday, June 3
- 7:30 a.m.: Championship round will begin with a shotgun start at the CasaBlanca Golf Club. Participants will include the top four finishers from each flight.
- 1:30 p.m.: Winners of the Mesquite Amateur will be announced immediately following lunch. The overall champion will be crowned.
Finalist rankings will be determined by comparing the three-day cumulative score. The top four participants from each flight will complete in the 18-hole championship round at the CasaBlanca Golf Club. USGA rules will govern the play. For a complete set of rules, please visit http://www.mesquiteamateur.com.
Special hotel rates at both Casablanca Resort-Casino-Golf-Spa and Virgin River Hotel/Casino/Bingo will be available to Mesquite Amateur contestants.
For up-to-the-minute information on Mesquite Amateur, visit http://www.mesquiteamateur.com, like “Casablanca” on Facebook and follow the event on Twitter @CasablancaNV. Follow the dedicated Mesquite Amateur Facebook page.
About Mesquite Gaming:
Mesquite Gaming, located 77 miles north of Las Vegas, includes Virgin River Hotel/Casino/Bingo and CasaBlanca Resort-Casino-Golf-Spa. A premier golf destination, Mesquite Gaming owns and operates The Palms Golf Club and CasaBlanca Golf Club. Combined, the two properties feature 1,186 guest rooms, 76,000 square-feet of casino space, with 1,600 slot machines and 36 gaming tables, 70,000 square-feet of meeting and convention space including an outdoor entertainment venue. For more information, visit www.mesquitegaming.com.
Quillin Advertising, Public Relations & Social Media Cindy Pino
C: 702.303.7160 firstname.lastname@example.org